Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Everything I Need to Know I Learned from Grandpa

My grandpa does not have a high level of formal education, but behind his unfailing smile, there is a level of wisdom and knowledge that I hope to one day possess. He was born to a working class family, and has had to work his way up from there. He says things like "you never get far without working hard," and he knows this from experience. He started a company after getting out of a school, and has worked hard to educate himself to make his business a success. "Attitude is everything," is another one of his favorites. He knows that attitude is important, and he shows it. If I was asked to find any time when he has not shown optimism and a good attitude, I would instantly fail. This has helped to make him such a fun guy and my number one role model. He's also a believer in effort. He tells me to try hard and give all that I've got. Finally, he is a believer in perseverance. He has not quit, and that has made him a success. Even if he doesn't get what he wants, I always know that he has succeeded, just because he always perseveres. If he believes in something, he will work for it, and not give up when he's frustrated or when he's not looking likely to come out on top. My grandpa has if figured out pretty well. If someone were to follow all of these unfailingly, like my grandpa, that person would be a great success because after you've acquired a good work ethic, a good attitude, giving everything you've got, and persevering no matter what the circumstances, many other great things, that are more closely related to success, will be much easier to come by.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful comment about your Grandpa. I hope he reads this, and if he doesn't, I hope he knows how much you admire him!