Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Lord of the Rings

My favorite movie, or in this case trilogy, is The Lord of the Rings. The three main aspects that I like about it are the scenery, the plot, and the soundtrack. The scenery adds a lot to the movie by making it feel like you are actually there, hiking in the mountains, or having a quaint, but nonetheless spirited, celebration with the Hobbits. The plot also enhances the movie quite a bit. I usually have a hard time sitting through a long movie, but The Lord of the Rings kept me very engaged. It is fast paced enough to not let it get boring, but also not so fast that it ignores small details that make it feel realistic and interesting. Finally, the Lord of the Rings is my favorite series of movies because it has an excellent soundtrack. In most movies, the music is something that doesn't subtract, but also doesnt add anything. In the Lord of the Rings, the music adds a lot because of how well it is composed, and how well it fits every scene very well. I am currently reading The Hobbit, and hopefully will read the trilogy afterwards. It is almost always the case that the book is better than the movie. If this is true in this instance, then I have a lot to look forward to in reading the books.

No comments: