Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Last One

As the last person on Earth, I would be at a loss to find things to do. I do enjoy many things like reading, practicing saxophone and piano, making and viewing art, biking, as well as various other things, but as the last person on Earth, I would not find any fulfillment in these or other things because I would have nobody to do them or discuss them with. Without anyone to listen to your music, why would you spend time practicing an instrument? With nobody to discuss literature and get perspective on it, why would you read? With nobody to view, discuss, and share art with, why would you spend time learning about it or creating it? With nobody to pay for items or skills, why would you hone your own skills in order to make a profession out of them? Basically, I see almost everything I enjoy doing in life as serving the purpose of bringing me pleasure from making me more able to interact with other people because of skills and hobbies that I develop. An uninhabited world with me as the exception, would demonstrate the hostility of solidarity. Luckily however (or perhaps not....overpopulation is a concern too) the world is filled with people, about 6,740,422,806 acc0rding to www.census.gov. I say luckily because this puts the odds of me being the sole human on earth at 1/6,740,422,806, or about .0000000148358645856% I could keep going but you probably get the point.

No comments: